The Black Box - Batman



After finishing up a few Superman Heroclix it only seemed natural to follow those up with a few Batman figures. The really cool thing about popping these miniatures off their Heroclix dials and putting them on 30mm bases is you can then use any dial with any sculpt, or costume. So the character is always using the "right" costume if you follow my meaning.


    

I'm more familiar with the Batman character through the animated series than the comics so naturally if I'm going to paint a Batman and Robin they're going to match the cartoon.

    

The only alternative you really need to the classic blue and grey is the black Dark Knight Returns suit. Solid black bat symbol, short ears, it's perfect.

    

Since there's a Man of Steel Superman I wanted some kind of movie Batman. I picked up this cheap common with very little costume detail and painted it as the 1989 Batman suit. I might someday paint a Batman with purple gloves or track down a sculpt from the Arkham Origins set but I think these three variations are more than adequate for gaming reasons.
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment