Hail Caesar - Imperial Roman Veterans


Roman veterans painted for The Elder Scrolls Miniatures Game
where they'll be used as the Imperial Legion from Skyrim.

This group was incredibly fun to paint, I experimented with armor techniques and got used to painting a consistent design quickly. As fun as painting Stormcloaks is, the decision to enter into this project was entirely based on painting these Romans. So happy to see these come together.


    

These figures are tiny even for 28mm so I popped a penny between their feet and the base to give them just a little extra height. Kind of bummed you're losing three figures to command upgrades since there are only twenty per box. Shield transfers are provided but I don't care for the glossy effect so all of the shield patterns are hand painted.

   

   

   



Twenty of these guys should be plenty for any small skirmish gaming purposes right now, though I do have another group of twenty veterans I'm looking forward to painting. First I want to finish some other units and mini projects before I return to them, and then compare the two to see how I've progressed. Or maybe ESM will demand another twenty and they'll be painted next week, who knows.
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment