The Black Box - "Avengers Assemble!"


Heroclix is about building your favorite teams so narrowing it down to only seven from Marvel's entire catalogue was pretty tough. Ultimately I settled on having Captain America, Thor, and Hulk run around as beaters while Vision, Hawkeye, Iron Man, and Captain Marvel provide support. 


   

   

   

   

Every Marvel character has a wide variety of costume variations so it was fun digging through over ten years of Heroclix sets to find the ones that seemed the most interesting. I loved the Mark 42 armor from Iron Man 3 and the Hawkeye series by Fraction and Aja is extraordinary so I had to use a grey shirt with a purple arrow on it. Coipel's post-Civil War design for Thor is phenomenal. The Straczynski books got me into the character and I'm still bitter about how it ended. The Hulk was the most fun to paint.
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment